We conducted research on UWE’s strategies and policies regarding the First and Wessex Bus services along with the existing infrastructure available. Here are our findings:
UWE Policies and Strategies:
- UWE supply TravelWest information all over their website.
- They often have First at Wessex Buses stalls at UWE
- It gives notice on the website of any changes to buses or there routes and the date that it changes.
- Advertise tickets for long term bus tickets on the website
- Try to offer the most different routes possible so people can get lots of places.
- Buses that run late at night still stop at UWE for students, also for safety.
Existing infrastructures that exist for UWE Buses:
- They have a live timetable board at the UWE bus station for live updates.
- An info point at the bus stop to ask questions about travel
- You can get the timetable leaflets at UWE
- Leaflets are provided when you start living in halls.
- Links from UWE website in the transport sections for more information from the bus companies themselves.